Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Denim Jacket has been finished...

and I'm so pleased with the results, but I'd love comments from you. So take a look.
And here are a couple more views.

This shows the back. I widened the ruffle at the bottom at the center back area, much more flattering. Note the use of the clothing labels at the shoulder area.  The ruffle and the large applique were cut from an old linen blouse. I lightly padded the applique and added some French knots with embroidery floss.


The jacket is size large and is a Gap jacket. All the bleaching and distressing were added by me. It was perfectly new looking when I adopted it from the thrift store.





This has just been added to my Etsy shop.

1 comment:

  1. the jacket is beautiful. I think I have a candidate in my closet that would benefit from a similar artistic treatment. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete